Starting school is a big milestone – for parents and children. It’s a big step up from Kinder and we want it to go smoothly for everyone. After all there’s 13 years of it so it’s important to make the best start possible!!
Our popular group ‘Get Prepped’ helps children and their families get ready to jump straight in to school with confidence.
The program consists of:
- fun pre-reading and pre-writing activities
- oral language skills to prepare for formal learning
- beginning sound-letter links and early phonological awareness
- social communication skills (social thinking skills)
- practice at meeting new friends in a small group setting
- opportunities to develop independence within a group
- become familiar with school routines
- to follow instructions confidently.
When – Term 4 – Once a week – 1 hour
In January the program is slightly different
Program 2 – 15th 16th 17th of January (3 days X 3 hours)
Where – Peninsula Speech Pathology Services (Unit 16/1140 Nepean Highway, Mornington)
Cost $595 (9 hours of intervention)
Places are limited. Register your interest by calling (03) 5975 1500.